Tuesday 24 February 2009

Fake Wedge

Yeah, just went on youtube and found quite a disturbing fact: there's no fake wedge video... No official one, no fan made one, not even a rip off jokey one. Just decided to look for it and it was just one of the things that floated around in my head at that moment in time and guess what... it's not there. There's actually a predicted search for it though, as I was typing it in and the little list was narrowing down what I might mean, "Fake Wedge" came up as a selection so it must be something that people have searched for. Thing is, there are videos of thing with "fake" and "wedge" in them but nothing about Wedge Antilles.

For the massive croud of fans who are behind (because I know I have countless upon countless fans XD) the Fake Wedge (or orginal Wedge depending on who's side you're taking it from) was one of the characters in Star Wars episode 4 who took part in destroying the death star. Famous commander through the Star Wars galaxy and yadda yadda yadda, big name player for those into the extended universe past episode 4 (excellent stuff in "Betrayal" on the legacy of the force stuff).
Anyway, he's played by 2 actors in A New Hope. The guy we all generally remember as the guy in the x wing who's all like "Red Leader, standing by" and all that was played by Denis Lawson, the face I always imagine when reading the books and such. There is however another guy who plays him, Colin Higgins (by the way, I am using sources for this, I'm not that good, despite popular belief) who appears in the conference room thingy sat next to Luke Skywalker when they're discussing the plans to destroy the death star.

Anyway, point of this is, if someone makes a Fake Wedge video and I'm somehow notified about it, I'm well subscribing to whoever makes it. Lol. Just 'cos.

No comments:

Post a Comment